Prior Service Army RE3 JFV Honorable, Joining Navy Reserves…Is it possible?
jdb1978 Asked: Prior Service Army RE3 JFV Honorable, Joining Navy Reserves…Is it possible?
I am prior service (1997) Army. I was discharged with an Honorable but with a Re entry code of 3 and a separation code JFV (Physical Condition Not a Disability). First, does anyone know for sure if the Navy is accepting prior service? If so are they accepting waivers? I am interested in joining the Navy Reserves as a crypto linguist ( I have some skill when it comes to learning foreign languages…Took Russian in High School and graduated with 99% average, just as an example). I believe this is a critical MOS (and they're short on them).
I understand its a real long shot. I was 19 when I was discharged, 34 now. I just want to know, preferably from someone who has either done/tried this or has some knowledge of the issue….if it's possible?
Since my discharge I have gone on to acquire an FAA Aircraft Dispatchers License, Emergency Medical Technician Certificate, Real Estate License, FRA Remote Control Locomotive Operator License, Private Pilot License…married, gainfully employed……point I'm trying to make is I'm not a lost cause.Is there a reasonable ear available in the Navy for my situation?
One last thing. Does an RE3 code prevent you from a Top Secret Clearance?
Thanks for you help in this.
Ughh you disgust me traitor! Smh anyways an re code 3 doesn't exclude you from all branches of the military but the navy is one of them try your luck with the army you'll need a waiver for an re code 3 which maybe difficult depending on the reasons for separation unlike the second answer 35 is the oldest you could be not 34 you'll need documents backing up your case from your doctors etc a recruiter will tell you all of this its not easy but not impossible either
What is the letter after the 3… RE-3(?)…
Since JFV = Physical condition, Not a Disability, interfering with performance of duty-USN- Enlisted
I take it as RE-3G = Condition interfering with performance of duty…
Including your age…You are a Permanent DQ from any Service…
Got a better answer? Share it below!
Incoming search terms:
- is the navy taking prior service 2012
- is the navy accepting prior service 2012
- is the army taking prior service 2012
- is the army taking prior service 2013
- navy taking prior service 2013
- reenlisting with re3 2013
- navy reserves waivers 2013
- joining us army with re 3 code 2013
- is the navy reserves us army accepting waivers 2013
- is the navy accepting waivers 2013
- air force accepting waivers 2013
- IS THE ARMY DOING PRIOR SERVICE WAIVERS IN 2013
- is navy reserve accepting prior service
- army taking prior service 2013?
- army reserves accepting prior service 2013
- any military service taking prior service in 2013
- waivers - navy reserves